Christmas Fruit Log Cake Recipe – waterfieldtower.com. The cake is loaded with lot of dry fruits and nuts. Full of flavor, moist and perfect to enjoy in Christmas eve.
- 8 ounces butter
- 8 ounces packed brown sugar
- 8 ounces flour
- 2 ounces self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons fruit juice or 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons brandy
- 8 ounces sultanas
- 8 ounces currants
- 8 ounces seeded raisins
- 2 ounces mixed citrus peels
- 2 ounces chopped glace cherries
- 2 ounces dates
- 2 ounces almonds
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line a 8-inch round, or 7-inch square tin with 3 layers of paper.
- Having said that, I find it easier to line it with one, then wrap the OUTSIDE of the tin in several layers of newspaper, tied with kitchen string.
- Weigh and measure ingredients.
- Sift flour salt and spices.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Gradually add the eggs to the creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- It may look a bit curdled at this stage, but that’s OK.
- Add the fruit, nuts, then the flour and liquid.
- Stir gently and thoroughly. I do this with my (clean) hands.
- Place in the prepared tin, hollowing out the centre a little to allow for rising.
- You can decorate the top with blanched whole almonds now if you wish.
- Bake in a 325°F oven (decreasing the temp gradually as the cake cook) for 3- 3 1/2 hours.
- When baked, leave in the tin for at least 10 minutes before turning out-until completely cold is better though.
- This is good made in about October, and stored wrapped in foil in an airtight container until Christmas.
Tags: christmas fruit cake recipe with brandy, moist fruit cake recipe, best fruit cake recipe, how to make fruit cake at home, christmas cake recipe delia, christmas cake recipe nigella, american christmas fruit cake recipe, when to make christmas cake.