The name alone tells you that something awesome is about to go down in this kitchen! Why it is called crack cake is something that has been a mystery since its inception. There are two reasons that most people agree with, though. Firstly, when you make this cake, it usually doesn’t have the smooth surface icing that every other cake has. It is, in a way, a “cracked” cake. Secondly, it’s so delicious that you get “hooked” on it after the first bite. The point is that this cake is unique and absolutely delicious. When you make yours, invent a reason for its name and stick to your story.
How to make Crack Cake Recipe
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 box (3.4oz) Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 3/4c Water
- 3/4c Vegetable Oil
- 1/4c Brown Sugar
- 1/4c Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2c Any White Wine not Cooking Wine (I prefer Pinot Grigio) If you don’t want it as super moist, use 1/4 cup of wine. However, you risk the cake getting stuck to the pan. (You’ve been warned)
I make it with a 1/2 cup if I am presenting the cake to guest, and don’t want to take chances. I use a 1/4 cup when only my family is going to consume it.
- 1 stick of Butter
- 1/2c White Wine or 1/4c for a crunchier top. (I prefer the half cup option because my cake usually comes out perfectly.) With the crunchier option it’s usually 50/50.
- 1c Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the cake ingredients with a mixer of choice. Batter should be velvety.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Immediately start making the icing.
- Melt icing ingredients and pour over cake.
- Let Cake sit for about 20 minutes and then flip over.