The addition of cream cheese to the classic recipe results in an irresistibly moist and flavorful pound cake. Instead of making two loaves, you can make a single cake by baking the batter in a four-quart tube or Bundt pan; increase the cooking time by about five ininutes.
How To Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake
These cakes taste better the next day, and they store beautifully in the freezer (up to three months) , wrapped well in plastic and foil. MAKES TWO 9-BY-5-INCH LOAVES
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe – INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces (1bar) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe – DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously coat hvo 9- by-5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray. In a
medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar slowly; beat until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in 2 batches, beating until just combined.
- Divide batter between prepared pans (pans will seem full). Tap pans on counter; smooth tops with an offset spatula. Bake until golden and a cake tester comes out with a few crumbs attached, 70 to 85 minutes (tent with foil if tops brown too quickly). Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Turn out cakes onto rack to cool completely.
Enjoy happy moments making cream cheese pund cake with your children.