Simple Fruit Cake Recipe Christmas – waterfieldtower.com. This fruit cake has a lot of what I consider the best part of fruit cakes, candied fruit. I like the soft almond flavor of this cake and you don’t have to wait a few weeks to enjoy, because it can be eaten on the same day when baked. Of course, for those who like their fruit cakes to have a hangover, you can mix candied fruit and raisins with a little alcohol and let them macerate for one or two days. This is one such simple fruit cake recipe christmas that is so good that it must be made all year long, not only during the Christmas season. So stock up on candied fruit. These easy-to-make treats are very tasty, even the selected eaters will not be able to resist them.
Simple Fruit Cake Recipe Christmas – INGREDIENTS FOR PRE-SOAKING:
- 450g / 16oz currants
- 175g / 6oz sultanas
- 175g / 6oz raisins
- 50g / 2oz chopped glacé cherries
- 50g / 2oz mixed chopped candied peel
- zest of 1 orange & 1 lemon
- 100ml brandy
Simple Fruit Cake Recipe Christmas – DIRECTIONS:
- Put everything in a bowl and mix well. Cover with a cloth and leave to soak overnight.
- Grease a 8″/20cm cake tin & line with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat oven to 140°C / 275°F gas mark 1
Simple Fruit Cake Recipe Christmas – INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE:
- 225g / 8oz plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg – freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 225g / 8oz dark brown soft sugar
- 4 large eggs – beaten
- 1 dessertspoon black treacle
- 225g / 8oz soft butter
- 50g / 2oz chopped nuts
- Sift the flour, salt and spices into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar & butter until soft & fluffy. You can use a mixer or electric hand whisk.
- With your mixer or electric hand whisk still running, add 1 tablespoon of the beaten eggs & 1 teaspoon of the flour mix. Allow to mix well. Repeat until all the egg mixture is gone.
- Gently fold the rest of your flour mix into your butter & egg mixture.
- Gently fold in the pre-soaked fruit mixture, black treacle & chopped nuts. TOP TIP: Place a dessert spoon in a cup of hot water before using with treacle.
- Transfer the cake mixture into the prepared tin. Spread it out evenly with the back of a wet spoon.
- Cut a 1″ hole in the centre of the two greaseproof paper discs & place on top of the cake. Bake on the lowest shelf of the oven for 4 hours until the centre of the cake springs back when pressed. Cook for another 30 minutes if it doesn’t & check again.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 30 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cold, you can feed the cake by inserting small holes & spooning in brandy.
- Wrap the cake in cling film & foil. Store in an airtight container for at least two weeks if possible. You can continue to ‘feed’ the cake until you are ready to ice or eat it.
If you don’t intend to decorate the cake with marzipan and icing, you can add blanched almonds to the top of the cake at this stage. Simple Fruit Cake Recipe Christmas.
Read more: Christmas Fruit Log Cake
Tags: simple fruit cake recipe christmas, simple homemade fruit cake recipe, simple fruit cake cookies recipe, very simple fruit cake recipe, easy simple fruit cake recipe, recipe of simple fruit cake, simple boiled fruit cake recipe, simple fruit cake recipe eggless, simple fruit cake recipe in urdu, simple fruit cake recipe with brandy, simple fruit cake recipes for beginners, simple honey fruit cake recipe, simple jamaican rum fruit cake recipe, simple light fruit cake recipe, simple rich fruit cake recipe, simple steamed fruit cake recipe, simple fruit cake recipe bbc, simple fruit cake recipe mary berry, simple fruit loaf cake recipe, Simple Fruit Cake Recipe Christmas.